Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Parenting, Interrupted

So I'm totally guilt trippin' over the lack of time I have with Ian during the work week. I love my job and "having a career," but am seriously not enjoying being away from him. It feels unnatural, as if my parenting experience were being arrested, or at the very least - interrupted.

With this guilt I thee spend. On a very short lunch break, I hit the aisles of Toys R Us and bought my little guy some toys, including this classic:


He's in the early stages of teething, so I also picked up a few things for him to salivate all over and gnaw on to his heart's content.

To add to this parenting misery, Jason and I have agreed to put him to sleep a little earlier. Instead of cereal at 8ish (then a warm bath and final nursing), we are going to start the routine closer to 7:30. He is showing signs of sleep deprivation and does not nap well during the day. This means less time with him after work.

*insert very sad face here*

No comments:

Post a Comment