Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Homemade peas, please!

Today I rushed home with Ian and got right down to the business of making peas. It was just about as easy as popping open a jar of Gerber. Here's how I did it:


1. Buy fresh or frozen peas.


2. Steam the little suckers for about 10 minutes on a low boil.


3. Puree with a cup or so of distilled water. You can also use the pea water from the pan; it's loaded with vitamins!


4. Work the puree through a sieve, if you please. This is optional and honestly not worth the time.


5. Feed fresh to baby.


6. Then freeze the rest. This bag made enough for two trays full - that's about 18 jars of the factory stuff. And it took less than 20 minutes. Easy peasy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure he is a fan of the peas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta try homemade peas with Colm. He's not a big fan of the jarred stuff, so I'll give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete