Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

Avocado Baby

I got this email from my mom this morning about feeding Ian avocado for the first time:

"I had two plates ready, one with his cereal and the other with the mashed aguacate. I started with the cereal, and he was eating it like there is no tomorrow, when... pow, I switched to the aguacate. At the beginning he was not too sure what had happened, then he started making the funniest faces in the world, several times like he was going to throw up in a minute. But, in general, I think he liked it."


He did the same thing with the sweet potatoes a couple weeks ago. It was like we were feeding him poo. But he never really rejected it. He slurped it up and made head motions like a baby bird straining to reach the worm mama was feeding him. Too funny!

Another new development: He's starting to leeeeeeean forward in his swing. It's like he's doing a slow motion head dive onto the floor below. Yesterday, before realizing this was his new "thing," I left him in his swing sans buckle and he slipped right out and toppled to the floor. Luckily, the drop was about 2 inches onto a carpeted rug, so no biggie. But it scared me for a second. Bad mom! Bad mom!

1 comment:

  1. That won't be the last time he falls down...trust me. They have no fear and WILL crawl right off of the bed or couch or whatever you happen to have them on and turn your back for 0.1 second....that's all of the time it takes! I know from personal experience!

    ReplyDelete