Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

What a Ride

Back at work - grind grind grind. Lots to do and it took about two seconds for me to get back into the swing of things. I've been at this since July of 2004 so it should come easy.

First things I did were make coffee (crucial), open my new desk calendar and recycle months Jan, Feb and March, turn on my computer and open my email, change my voice mail message, and finally call HUD to ask questions about the most difficult and trying of all grant requests. Darn the government!

Since then I've been slowly going through reports, updating my own version of these reports and plodding through the stack of papers in my inbox. Not too bad, thank the Fates. I pumped at 10:30am and in about seven minutes had eight ounces. Wowza! My mom called around 11am to let me listen to Ian talk and coo. Yup, along came the waterworks. But they were tears of joy, mainly, to hear my boy happy, alert and well-cared for. Jason and I are so lucky!

Today my thoughts keep floating back to the early days with Ian. I'll come across a letter or report dated January 16th, or I'll see a check that came in dated February 10th and I'll think - Man! What was I doing back then? Oh yeah, having the time of my life.

The weather seems to be siding with me today. No sir, the sun won't shine on the day of my return to work away from Ian. It's dark and gray, rainy and stormy. Just like my emotions today. Good thing I'm super busy. Work work work...and more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment