Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Wednesday evening was a tearful one. Jason and I made the decision that he would return to work on Thursday and it made us both so, so sad. We had just gone through the most exciting, incredible, beautiful experience of our lives together, and it was coming to an end. They call it the "babymoon" like honeymoon, and when it as over we were left with a lot of sadness.

I knew that he and I would never experience something like this again. I was also so sad that my pregnancy was over. I enjoyed it so much, carrying little Ian inside me, Jason taking care of us both. The the labor and delivery experience followed by the learn-as-we-go days back home with Ian are experiences we will never forget.

Jason was very sad to be separated from us as well, and we spent Wednesday night talking and crying (me, not him), and staring at Ian.

I spent Thursday without him, but my mom was here to help out, spend time with Ian, and basically keep me distracted while Jason was away. We went to lunch at Hunky's then to Tom Thumb for some groceries and Starbuck's coffee. It wore me out but I was happy to get out of the house. The day went by quickly and I was so grateful for her company and help.

Friday was a lot easier. Mami came back again and spent the day cooking and cleaning. I cannot believe what an amount of support she has been. We are so lucky to have her available to help out so much.

Speaking of wonderful grandmas, we are lucky to have Mimi (Pat) be our sitter for Jason's and my first date out together. It will most likely happen in a week or two, but we are really looking forward to Pat having time to bond with Ian and for us both to have some alone time together. We are going to dinner at Tillman's Roadhouse, a nice restaurant here in Oak Cliff. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment