Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Stump, My Lovely Little Stump

Check it out! Here are two pics of my abuela throwing my umbilical cord stump into the ocean in Colombia - a place called La Guajira (wa-hee-da), which is the peninsula that juts out into the Caribbean and faces Venezuela. In one picture you see my abuelo cheering her on.


These were taken in August 1975. This is a tradition in my mom's family to ensure a long, healthy life for the baby. Now I'd love it if someone would go on and purchase 2 round trip tickets to, oh say, the Bahamas so Jason and I can throw Ian's stump into the ocean. He's worth the trip!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tradition! I just got your thank you card (thanks!) and decided to check out the blog. Good stuff, Stephanie. I'll check back often. Oh, and he's a real cutey!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete