Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Behind the Name

Ian is the Scottish Gaelic form of "John" and means "favored by God." His saints day (John) is December 27th and he's the patron saint of writers, wool-workers, Turkey, and motorways (huh?). That's pretty interesting since I studied to be a writer and I also work with wool to create unique felted jewelry. I'm also told I look Turkish AND I drive on highways. Eeeeerie...

Some Famous Ians
Ian Anderson, leader of Jethro Tull
Ian Astbury, lead singer for The Cult
Ian Curtis, lead singer for Joy Division
Ian Fleming, writer of James Bond novels
Ian Gillan, leader of Deep Purple
Ian McCulloch, lead singer for Echo & the Bunnymen
Ian McKellen, actor
Ian Wilmut, cloned Dolly the Sheep
Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa, that would be Dweezil

See a pattern here? Our guy is going to be a rock star!

No comments:

Post a Comment