Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

My First Mother's Day

A year ago this Sunday, my mom and I spent Mother's Day at the Firewheel shopping center. We ate at Pei Wei then bought some perfume and body lotions for her. After that it was sandals at DSW, dresses at Fossil and some candles at World Market. As I walked around in my new summer dress and sandals, I felt pregnant. And I even told my mom as much. But I'd felt pregnant before so I pushed my feelings and instincts aside as I tried to remember: Now when did I have my last period...?

She wanted to get a preggie test and find out right then and there. On Mother's Day? Nah, I told her, too cliche. Besides, I had a gyno appointment the next day. I'll find out then.

Well don't you know. A year later and I have my precious baby Ian. What a difference a year makes.

I am so grateful I have him in my life.

I'm grateful for his smiles and farts and every little thing he does.

I'm grateful Jason loves him as much as I do.

I'm grateful for George even tho his health is a little wishy-washy right now. My darling old man.

I'm grateful Oliver has graciously taken a backseat as the focus goes to baby and sick kitty. My poor little middle child.

I'm grateful my body make milk and that I can pump at work so Ian can have his milkies even when I'm not with him.

Most of all, I'm grateful to my own mom who spends her days with Ian so Jason and I can work and pay for the things that make our life run.

Oh, and I'm grateful I've gotten so good at typing with one hand while I pump/nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment