Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big Scare

Just now as I was showing Jason my new way of putting on a cloth diaper (we've been using a mix of disposable and cloth since last weekend). Ian was on the diaper table and J and I were standing over him. As he is wont to do, Ian threw up his strong, long arm and knocked over a tube of Aveeno butt cream right into his face. It toppled into his eye and he went ballistic. I was scare poopless since I didn't know if his eye-closing reflex was fast enough to protect his eyeball, or if the sharp end of the tube scratched his eye. He was so red and crying so hard that I was really freaked out. Jason, who was way more calm than me, took over and was able to calm Ian. Apparently he'd swallowed a lot of air with all the crying and Jason was able to burp him a few times and stop his crying.

THANK GOD. I was already imagining a baby eye patch and future blindness, etc. You know how it goes. Just the sight of seeing my son in pain and wailing was enough to just kill me. But he's better now and asleep in his father's arms. I'll keep an eye on his eye overnight and see where we're at tomorrow morning. I'm not 100% convinced all is well. We'll "see."

No comments:

Post a Comment